Monday 26 March 2007

Idlewild!

Okay, compared to Saf I'm a little slow on the uptake, so I thought I'd better do a review of the gig from friday. It was a last minute thing, organised by the lovely Claire who had two spare tickets for the Palais in Hammersmith. I've never been a fan of Idlewild but I thought I'd give it a go if it meant actually getting a second date! After much coercion, Saf finally agreed to play Goose to my Maverick and he came along (I don't know why we keep doing these Top Gun references - I've never even seen it!).

Not much of the music was that familiar, I think I recognised one of the last songs of the evening which apparently came from a VERY early album. Overall it was a nice relaxing atmosphere, very unlike the Sounds where we were almost killed a number of times!

As for the rest of the weekend, not much really! After failing to pursuade Martin to organise something for Saturday night, I spent most of the day at my mate Jo's watching TV and eating Chinese. Yum!

Sunday was a "quiet night in", and got to watch Pan's Labyrinth which was very good! Recommended!

No comments: